Year 7 Tutoring in Leeds
In the UK education system, most pupils begin secondary school in Year 7 as they move into Key Stage 3. This can be a big step up for your child as they will be taking on a more challenging curriculum. Year 7 is also a time of change in your child’s personal lives – moving to secondary school can mean meeting different teachers, adjusting to new schedules and environments, and making friends all over again. We meet many parents who are looking for Key Stage 3 tutoring for their year 7 children, which will help to support them in their learning and ensure they feel more confident in the classroom.
How Can Pupils Benefit From Year 7 Tutoring?
Adjusting to year 7 is a big step to take – however, academic performance doesn’t have to suffer. Children who have private tutoring will have the tools they need to thrive in a new environment, taking on the academic challenges that come their way and getting a greater sense of enjoyment and achievement out of their learning.
All children can benefit from the tailored support of a qualified tutor at this important stage of their educational journey. Tutoring helps year 7 pupils to:
- Realise their true potential
- Shine academically
- Feel more confident in school
- Gain better grades
- Move up a set in their subjects
- Achieve their own goals and ambitions
- Prepare for important future exams like GCSEs
Tailored Tutoring For Year 7 Pupils
If you are considering year 7 tutoring, finding the right person is essential to your child’s success. It’s important that your chosen tutor can offer tailored support for your child and help them get the most out of their learning.
Here are some of the things to look for when choosing a year 7 tutor:
- Tutoring provision for core subjects like English, maths and science, as well as a full understanding of the year 7 curriculum.
- Qualified teacher status. Make sure the tutors you choose have the right experience to teach your child.
- A warm, friendly environment. Year 7 is tough and tutoring should help children to feel energised and confident about their learning. Children learn best in a supportive space.
- 1:1 support structured in the same way as private school lessons, with very small groups of children to create a welcoming environment as well as individual time with the teacher.
- Tailored learning plans. No two children will have exactly the same strengths, concerns or ambitions. Speak to your chosen tutor to ensure they will adapt teaching methods and course content to meet the needs of your child.
How to Find a Qualified Year 7 Private Tutor
Our tutors all have qualified teacher status and offer year 7 tutoring to bring out the best in pupils, helping them achieve their potential. We complete initial assessments in a friendly, relaxed environment and create individual learning plans to support your child in reaching their objectives.
Areas We Cover
We provide specially tailored tutoring services to the following areas of Leeds; Oakwood, Roundhay, Alwoodley, Harehills, Gipton, Chapel Allerton, Seacroft, Crossgates, Whitkirk, Burmantofts, Little London, Killingbeck, Chapeltown, Beeston, Wetherby, Temple Newsam, Colton, Moortown, Potternewton, Cross Green, Sheepscar, Holbeck and Hunslet.
“I’m very proud of our son Jacob. His continued hard work, commitment and humility has meant that he’s moved up sets in maths and is on target to do well in his GCSEs. A big thanks to Joanna from Leeds Tuition Centre too. For her combined kindness and professionalism when teaching our sons. I highly recommend her. Thank you for your good work.”